PrimaLuna EVO Tube Integrated amplifiers feature:
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Elegant style, heavy-metal remote controls.
- Premium parts that include toroidal and EI transformers for power supply; custom designed -in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated output transformers for lowest hum; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; ALPS volume control; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; superfast Philips-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated heavy-duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speaker connectors are solid shaft for better conductance, better sound, and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted RCA input jacks.
- Each EVO Tube Integrated Amplifier is as well a high-quality EVO Tube Headphone Amplifier!
- A 100% shielded Phono chassis for mounting our optional MM PhonoLogue circuit.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- The newest generation Adaptive Auto Bias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a tube fails.
- The EVO Tube Integrated Amplifiers come with a High/Low bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers, no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the amp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium color screw.